vippsupport.xerox.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  - Xerox FF VI Suite Forum-  Hop To Forums  FF VI Suite (VIPP)    Problem Converting VIPP to PDF with Adobe distiller
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem Converting VIPP to PDF with Adobe distiller
 Login/Join

posted
Hi there.

I use Acrobat Distiller to convert VIPP (*.DBM files) to PDF and its works OK.

But I have a big problem.
The file generated (PDF) doesn’t have euro currency symbol (€). It simply disappears!!!
----------------------------------
I use this VIPP code:

370 SVPOS MOVETO ($$MERE2.€) VSUB SHL
1096 SVPOS MOVETO ($$QUPG2.€) VSUB SHR
1670 SVPOS MOVETO ($$CEPG2.€) VSUB SHR
2050 SVPOS MOVETO ($$CEDE2.€) VSUB SHR
SAVEPP

I have changed the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\Data\distinit.ps” by simply adding that lines at EOF:

(Loading VIPP... \n) print flush
(c:\\xgf\\src\\xgfdos) run
(VIPP loaded. \n) print flush

When Adobe Distiller generates the file it creates a log file with the following content:

“Processing prologue.ps...
Done processing prologue.ps.
Error [DSC]: The file declares that it does not conform to DSC. Found:
%!
%%[ Warning: Times-Roman not found, using Font Substitution. Font cannot be embedded.]%%
%%[ Warning: Helvetica not found, using Font Substitution. Font cannot be embedded.]%%
%%[ Warning: Helvetica-Bold not found, using Font Substitution. Font cannot be embedded.]%%
%%[ Warning: Times-Bold not found, using Font Substitution. Font cannot be embedded.]%%
Processing epilogue.ps...
Done processing epilogue.ps.

Please Help

What can I do to make euro currency symbol(€) appear on PDF files?

Thanking you in advance....

Posts: 5 | Location: Portugal | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We do not support running VIPP in Adobe Distiller.

We do sell the FreeFlow VI PDF Originator that can generate ODF files from VIPP applications, cann add Bookmarks, URL's and can split the PDF file into individual PDF sets based on logical set boundaries and can dispatch those PDF files to the next step in the workflow.

As with distilling anything, you need to make sure Adobe Distiller can have acvcess to the fonts that you are using in your jobs, this is a function of Adobe Distiller.

Posts: 829 | Registered: 31 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should also contact your local VIPP Hotline. I did not realize you were based in Europe. They may be able to offer assistance.

posted Hide Post
Tanks for your information.

But we already have a Xerox VIPP Thin Printer, running on Unix Solaris, to make PDF files on our applications.

We only use Acrobat Distiller to make special documents that wasn’t made in our applications (“Ad oc”).

Thanks again

Posts: 5 | Location: Portugal | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello I have a quick question, when using originator to make pdf files where does a person have to put the special font to make it work, I keep getting an error when I try to make a file from originator because it says the font could not be found
thanks
any help will be appreciated
John

Posts: 47 | Registered: 18 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Johnny,

Wherever you have your fonts, Distiller has to be able to find them. On Acrobat Distiller on your VIPO box under SETTINGS, FONT LOCATIONS, add the location(s) where you are storing the fonts needed for your VIPP jobs.

Posts: 264 | Location: Highland Park, Michigan | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much
works perfectly

posted Hide Post
one other question
I have been noticing that you can use distiller to make a pdf or at least test your file before print, I have been trying all the technics I see in here but I have still had no luck
thanks
John

posted Hide Post
There are many issues, some to do with the versions of Adobe Distiller.

The supported method is via the FF VI PDF Originator product.

posted Hide Post
Hello Dave
I have Distiller 7.0
we also have Originator as well
I would like to get Distiller working if nothing else I would like to test our files on the computer in distiller before we send it to the press
when people are using distiller to convert vipp files to PDF do they use the dbm, dbf, can you use a VPC or a VPF?
thanks
any help is appreciated
John

posted Hide Post
If you have the FF VI PDF Originator, all you would need to do is send the vpc file to the VI PDF Originator. The best way to do that is to either use the manual job submission client, the web client or the watched folder client. Or lpr using the lpr client.

You can also send just the dbf file it it has the VIPP header, so the job knows where to find the VIPP resources.

Shortly - in the mid to late October time frame we will be releasing the VIPP Pro Publisher 7.0 - this is a Adobe InDesign CS3 plug-in for VIPP database type applications. Runs on a PC or Mac. The new version in October will also come with a utility that will provide viewing and proof capabilities.

posted Hide Post
Adobe Distiller has a limitation of 150 pages max conversion.

If we try to convert a VIPP file to PDF with more than 150 pages, distiller returns the following error:
“…
(Selected pages: 0 150)
%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: Selected pages: 0 150 ]%%
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Anyone knows the solution for this problem?

In Xerox Thin Printer the conversion works fine.

Thanks in advance

posted Hide Post
That is why we sell a product called the FF VI PDF Originator, that not only converts, but can split and dispatch the PDF files.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CGD_PT:
Adobe Distiller has a limitation of 150 pages max conversion.

“…
(Selected pages: 0 150)
%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand:
Anyone knows the solution for this problem?

This is exactly the protection from VIPP Engine !
it will stop the job after certain pages ! it is not Distiller error or error in the code !
Lucky before it was 10 pages !
it is ment to be in demo and testing !

Pasha

Posts: 32 | Registered: 23 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post